Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Happy NaNoWriMo! NaNoWriMo is a challenge for people to write a 50,000 novel in the month of November. It stands for National Novel Writing Month. I have wanted to do it since I first heard about it a few years ago. The closest I have ever come to writing a novel is my novella, 'War is Not a Game of Chess', though, but I do have sixty pages of a real novel that I am working on, perhaps NaNoWriMo will help motivate me. One year, when I can have more of a say with my schedule, I will take the month off and do a real National Novel Writing Month novel. But until then, I will just inform my followers, who, for your sakes' I hope have a more flexible agenda about it.

This is the link to the NaNoWriMo website:
NaNoWriMo

(Sorry I have been writing out NaNoWriMo so much, but it is really fun to type! ;-))

1 comment:

  1. I tried NaNoWriMo one year and just couldn't keep it up. It's a good idea, but my writing schedule isn't really conducive to what it requires. I did manage to knock out 60 or 70 pages, but nothing that I would consider a complete/cohesive tale even in the rough-draft/barf-it-out criteria of NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!