Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Climbing the Mountain. Literally.



Usually on a Sunday morning I am sound asleep or reading, or watching my cat try to eat my fingers off, or even having my dog burst into my room and start to lick my face - which is kind of gross first thing in the morning. I am not usually, however, getting up at 4 in the morning to get ready to start climbing up an entire mountain by 6:15.

But last Sunday that is what I did, and let me tell you, physically, it was the hardest thing I have done thus far in my life. Of course, climbing Mount Saint Helens today is probably easier than it was before it blew its top off, but the climb up still took me about seven hours.

Two days later and I am still recovering, yesterday I didn't wake up until noon! It was definitely an awesome experience and something to check off my bucket list, but I don't really think that I have a future in mountaineering.

The only mountain that I will be scaling for a while is going to be the ever growing Mount Read Me.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa. Climbing mountains is super hard. I've never done mountain climbing, but I've had to hike up smaller mountains with my dad. The man runs up the darn things. Awesome you did something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Climbing a mountain can be a harrowing experience. I just recently got back into rock climbing and it feels great. Sure, there is initial soreness and quiet whining, but after that it feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey stopping by from follow friday, great choices & great blog! Looking forward to more posts. Have a great weekend. New follower!

    Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!