Saturday, February 2, 2013

Review: Terminal Blend


Title: Terminal Blend (The Blend Trilogy #3)
Author: Lori Pescatore
My Rating: 4 TURTLES: A great read, I definitely recommend.

Description:
An Epic battle is brewing. Can Julie's newly unleashed abilities help save her and her friends? Prepare for a war of otherworldly proportions where the unexpected becomes the norm and nothing is what it seems. Is Julie the key to saving the Earth and her people or will she once again need the help of her Earthling friends? Not everyone will survive as the playing field shifts and consequences will extend throughout the universe.

Terminal Blend is the final installment in The Blend Trilogy. In Human Blend we met a girl named Julie on the run from her past. Her unique abilities made her hunted prey. Along the way she encountered some amazing people like Eli, an Earthling who wanted nothing more than to protect her and Marcus, who was like her and explained the truth of their origins. Add into the mix a boy named Austin, who unearthed a few secrets of his own. In Earth Blend we heard the backstory to the supernatural creatures introduced in book one. In the final installment, the lies mount and Julie must find a way to cope with the new threat that could destroy everything and everyone she holds dear. Come immerse yourself in the final chapter of this amazing trilogy.


Review:

Terminal Blend is the concluding book in the Blend Trilogy. I loved the book’s ending, the plot continued to develop throughout the novel and I had no idea what would happen. Add in some dramatic irony and wonderful, well-developed characters, and we have a very exciting book on our hands. Lori Pescatore’s knack for hatching a great plot is one of my favorite things about this series.  The tension of the love triangle between Austin, Julie, and Eli was very taught, and it even turned into a love square – if that’s what you call it – since Marcus decides he has some feelings for Julie as well.

My problems with this book are very similar with my thoughts on the other books. The story is told in third person limited, but switches point of view occasionally so we glean more on what happened on another character’s end. I do like the information this provides, but the transitions and a bit jerky and sometimes I felt there was too much overlap between the perspectives. Also, the epilogue reminded me of a “Where are They Now?” segment of a reality television show. It had a paragraph for each main character and described what they were now doing. While I enjoyed seeing what was happening to the characters after the whole ordeal, the format through me because it was incongruent with the rest of the book.

While this series has come to a close, I definitely feel Lori left the door open for more stories set in this universe. If you have read the other books in the Blend Trilogy you are up for an exciting finale. But if you haven’t read the other books, I would definitely recommend you check them out. They are quick, action-packed reads that will keep you on your toes at all times.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!