Saturday, May 28, 2016

Author Interview: Brianna Bunn

How did you come up with the idea for Lives for Hire?
With Lives for Hire, there was no real “ah-ha” moment whilst writing. At the time, I was still in high school, and had enough free time on my hands daily to drown in it. One day, I just picked up the pen, blank sheet of paper, and started writing. The story wrote itself in that way, always there when I would pick up the pen again, unfolding organically, and never once did I try to steer it clear of how it – felt – it wanted to go.


What was the hardest thing about writing this book?
The struggle didn’t come until the end, I would say – seeing that final sentence, written on that final page, and convince myself that – this was the conclusion. My mind wanted to keep going, my hands still held the pen, and it was hard to accept it, at first, that it was – over for now. But, I am glad I ended it where I did, even if it was a stalemate for a while.


What is your favorite thing about being an author?
Seeing what individuals take from your work. Every single person is going to have a different experience, new insight, into what you have written, and events, characters – everything – impacts them in ways that change your own perspective. I love discussing what was picked up, what wasn’t, and just what people take from what you poured yourself into. There is nothing quite like it, and it is my favorite thing, always, about what I do.


What three words best describe Lives for Hire?
Individuals. Impact. Emotion. 


Which other authors would you say are your biggest inspirations?
Growing up, it was always Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, not only due to how frequently I read her works, but also in no small part because of the young age in which she began her writing career. The impact that made on me was significant, as it kind of provided me with hope that, despite how young I was, I, too, could be an author. 


Did you know where this story was going from the beginning, or did it
shift as you began to write it?

Throughout the entirety of the story, I was kept in the dark, with no idea where these characters were taking me. It seemed just at that moment when I thought I knew where things were heading – it would twist, and lead me somewhere completely different. 

About Brianna:
Currently living in Nebraska, time is divided between writing, art, and equestrian activities. An avid wordsmith, mind is always seeking knowledge and new experience to help translate life into meaningful works of fiction. Has a passion for literature as a whole and believes the future will always be built on the way one wields the pen rather than the sword."

About Lives for Hire:
Who will you allow to control your mind?
A young woman is forced into the Institute by the government and undergoes drastic experimentation. Slowly she loses her grip with reality and begins to forget her very self. A voice in her head begins to speak with her, a man that claims he can help her escape and reclaim the life she has lost ... but how can you trust someone who isn't even real? ......... Or Is He?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!